11 Aug CMHA Niagara – Helping Adults With Their Mental Health
Canadian Mental Health Association Niagara is focused on providing mental health supports to adults in the Niagara Region. On top of mental counselling CMHA connects people to with housing and to other services they may need to lead a healthy life. It also provides crisis help:
– providing safe beds for people who need a short term place to stay
– mobile mental health support through it’s Crisis Outreach and Support Team COAST.
– Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team has social workers riding with police to help diffuse and divert people in crisis from the hospital and sometimes arrest.
CMHA Niagara Executive Director Tara McKendrick talks about the services.
Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate crisis.
24 hour mental health in Niagara:
The Mental Health and Addicitions Access Line will connect with the services you need 1 -866-550-5205.
Pathstone Mental Health crisis line for children: 1-800-263-4944 – 24/7
Distress Centre – 24 hour telephone support:
• St. Catharines, Niagara Falls And Area 905 688-3711
• Port Colborne, Wainfleet and Area – 905-734-1212
• Fort Erie and Area – 905-382-0689
• Grimsby, West Lincoln – 905-563-6674